Incoming Fellowships will support 35 PhD students pursuing PhD projects selected within research centres, accredited with the Spanish Seal of Excellence Severo Ochoa, María de Maeztu or Health Institute Carlos III and Portuguese units accredited as “excellent” or “exceptional” according to the evaluation of the Fundação de Ciência e Tecnologia.
The ‘la Caixa’ doctoral INPhINIT Fellowship programme is accepting applications until 4th February 2020.
[Note: To access the mentioned project proposals, select “iNOVA4Health – Programa de Medicina Translacional (iBET, CEDOC/FCM, IPOLFG e ITQB)” as “RESEARCH CENTRE”]
Available PhD Positions - iNOVA4Health:
- Unravelling the role of astrocyte-induced neural microenvironment remodelling in traumatic brain injury pathobiology (Dr.Catarina Brito, iBET)
- The role of glutamine metabolism in tumor progression, focusing tumors from central nervous system (CNS) with glial origin (Prof.Jacinta Serpa, NOVA Medical School)
- The promise of CH-223191 as a new drug to treat hypertension associated with obstructive sleep apnea (Prof.Maria Emília Monteiro, NOVA Medical School)
- Targeting human hydrogen sulfide metabolism against ovarian and breast cancer (Dr.João Filipe Bogalho Vicente, ITQB-NOVA)
- Synaptic competition and cooperation in reward learning: the role of hippocampal and prefrontal inputs to the nucleus accumbens. (Dr.Rosalina Maria Regada Carvalho Fonseca Alvarez, CEDOC-UNL)
- Melanoma-on-a-chip (Dr.Abel Martin González Oliva, ITQB-NOVA)
- Foodomics approaches to unveil the health benefits of virgin olive oil towards colorectal cancer (Dr.Ana Teresa de Carvalho Negrão Serra, iBET)
- Fear not to remember: impact of acute stress in amygdala synaptic cooperation (Dr.Rosalina Maria Regada Carvalho Fonseca Alvarez, CEDOC-UNL)
- Clinical impact of Tregs and Tumor-associated macrophages in melanoma patients: a new potential therapeutic target (Dr.Marta Pojo, IPOLFG)
- Advancing Manufacture of cell-based therapy products through metabolic understanding: application in ischemic Heart diseases (MyHeart) (Dr.Maria Margarida de Carvalho Negrão Serra, iBET)
Learn more about these positions in the attached document below.